Thursday, June 6, 2013

Mother Love- Crafts and Me Inspiration

   Good Morning. I am afraid I am a little late with my post for today's Crafts and Me Inspiration blog... as with many of us, sometimes life gets in the way of meeting our craft deadlines, but one way or the other, we post!
    Today, I am featuring another one of the beautiful "vintage" digi images from Crafts and Me.  As you know, Teresa just added them to the Crafts and Me store and they come in BOTH digi and rubber format.  You can find them HERE.  I also printed this image, once again, on the new "Stamping Linen" that Teresa will have in stock very soon.  I included a close up image below so you can see how flawlessly the image prints on this medium- not one detail is missing from the photo.  The linen is also fairly stiff so you can easily mat it and add modge podge or gesso- if you are planning a more mixed media project!
   For my card, I selected "For You".  My mother's birthday is in a few weeks and I thought I would use these images to play with some ideas for cards for her.  I guess it will be a surprise as to which one she gets! She truly deserves all of them!
 All the design papers are from Maja- I used only two sheets but since they are printed on both sides, I actually got four papers that all coordinated.. love that as coordinating design papers is always difficult for me.  The papers had a dark umber distress on the edges but when I cut it, I lost that so I added vintage photo and some weathered wood to match the edges already there.  I used a fairly new Sizzix frame die (love this die) and placed it sideways to frame my image  The cameo was attached to a large brass bezel that I got from  Suzanne Fuentes, HERE.  I plan to add pearls and other baubles and make my own blingy embellies after seeing a cool tutorial HERE on doing just that... It is a great way to use up those beads and pearls (even the ones that have holes in them)...I have so many more on my "Bling" Pinterest page if you want to also make your own stickpins and other blingy embellies...

 The flowers are from WOC and the heart die cut is from Magnolia.  The cameo, shabby seam binding and white heart are from Live and Love Crafts. The sentiment was made using a small "alphabet" wood stamp set I found at Michael's. I must tell you that they have several sets in all different fonts and they are on clearance for only $1.50 a set- perfect for making your own vintage sentiments.  This is NOT my pic but one I found on another person's blog as she got many more sets in her store.. just wanted you to see what to look for in the clearance bin!  She actually got more fonts than I did but the font I used on my card is not in her pic!
   Last, another cool tip is how I punched the edges of my sentiment die cut.  I found another Pinterest tip HERE  on my Pinterest Dies and Punches Board where you place one edge of your paper into the paper punch and then the other edge so you can punch paper longer than the punch allows.
   Here is a close up to show you the fine detail in the stamping linen:
  Well, I have ranted on more than I thought...I hope some of my suggestions inspire you.  Thank you for stopping by and always for taking the time to visit and leave a comment. I always try my best to get back to each one of you, and often in the process, I discover another blog that inspires me! Have a great day.

Challenges:







25 comments:

Mojca said...

Waw this is gorgeous! I love the pretty layout and embellishment. Hugs! Mojca

Melissa Latchem said...

SO pretty, I am sure that she will love it. I've not seen printing on linen before! Thank you for entering Rhedd and Rosie's June challenge and good luck!! Melissa (DT) xx

Desire Fourie said...

A stunning vintage creation with a fabulous shabby chic feel.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Vicky said...

Beautiful as always hun...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Sarah said...

Such a pretty card Ann Marie. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Here Come The Girls challenge x

Zoe said...

Really beautiful, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

Diane said...

Oh wow Ann Marie, your mother is going to love your special card for her !! Its beautiful !! I love anything vintage and love all the little details !! Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week at Robyns Fetish !!

Good luck sweetie !!

hugs Diane xx

Tracy said...

This is such a beautiful vintage creation Ann Marie. I'll definitely be checking out your Pinterest board for all those great tips you mentioned. Hugs!

Ribbon Girl said...

Lovely card - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl challenge to add a die cut, Mary x

Daisychain said...

Thank you for joining us this week at Whoopsi Daisy with such a lovely card. Hope to see you next week. Hugs Christine x

Sandy said...

Perfect - what else can I say except I do love your beautiful art work!
sandy

Wendy McCarthy said...

Gorgeous card, could you add a little lace to fit with our theme of Ribbon and Lace? Thanks, and thank you for entering Rhedd and Rosies challenge, good luck! Wendy (DT)

Moira Gray said...

I love your card, the colour, image, dies cuts.

You need to add a little lace please, to enter for the challenge.

Thank you for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie Challenge Blog.
Hope we see your work again.

Moira DT.

coops said...

so stunning ann marie.i love all your beautiful details and the image and colours are really pretty :D

xx coops xx

Evie said...

A gorgeous and beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge.

Evie DT

Penny said...

Oh, such a gorgeous vintage creation, Ann Marie! Love the design, die cuts, embellies, distressing, and DP! So pretty! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Christine L said...

This is so stunning... I love that vintage image and you use pink so well! Your card design is fabulous!

Thanks for sharing at In The Pink this time... hope to see you here more often..

Christine x

Mona Eidhammer said...

My goodness!!!!! This is truly breathtaking! Looove the vintage feel to it. You really captured it perfectly. Thanks for playing with us at WhoopsiDaisy. Hugs...Mona

Eulanda said...

OH my how I love your vintage stuff! Ok wait...I love all your stuff!! LOL!! I've started following you on Pinterest so thanks for all the vintage inspiration. This card is gorgeous and love all the extra's!! Hugs!

Clarky J said...

such a pretty card and perfect for the lots of layers challenge at Creative moments thanks for sharing xx

cardsbyleona said...

So beautiful, love your layers! Please come back to Creative Moments Challenge again soon.
Leona x

Nana said...

Beautiful. Thanks for joining us over at Whimsical Designs.

Have a great day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creavtive Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ Whimsical Designs ♥DT

Toni said...

Oh, wow! This is gorgeous! I love vintage cards, and yours is amazing! Please, come and join me in my new blog for challenges - tokbobok.blogspot.com. I would be glad to have you there! Regards, TokBobok :)

Tina said...

beautiful card thank you for joining us at Rhedd and Rosies. Hugs Tina (DT) xx

Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Lovely...love your vintage technique..gorgeous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...